Monday, May 15, 2006

Time and love are never ordinary - Catholic Online

Time and love are never ordinary - Catholic Online: "Father Ronald Rolheiser reminds us that "sanctity has to do with gratitude. To be a saint is to be fueled by gratitude, nothing more and nothing less."
It is easy to be grateful during the remarkable times of life, the holidays and the holy days. It is not so easy to be grateful when the ordinariness of life and the seemingly routine experience of struggle gnaw at our souls.
Still, as Rolheiser emphasizes, gratitude is something we must cultivate because "only one kind of person transforms the world spiritually, someone with a grateful heart."
And so, as I follow this wise priest�s advice, which has also been the advice of saints throughout the ages, I will think of my extraordinary friend when I seek to be reminded of the need for gratitude. I will remember him and the foundation of ordinary moments that have crafted our lives in friendship and love.
For these moments, and all the moments to come, I will be especially grateful."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home